We are a business that is committed to providing sustainable, hassle-free products that are engineered to last. Devoting our expertise to developing the highest quality composite materials, we have perfected our product range that betters traditional alternatives. While no one can doubt the aesthetic merits of timber, we believe that an alternative exists that benefits you, your wallet and the environment.
What is composite decking?
Composite decking is a hybrid product that’s made from wood fibres and recycled plastic. The result is a dense, heavy, weather and stain-resistant deck board that won’t splinter, warp, rot, or split – unlike traditional timber which can succumb to all of these problems.
The appeal of composite decking is that it’s virtually maintenance-free over it’s long lifespan. Unlike wood it doesn’t need to be sanded, refinished, or stained. A simple scrubbing now and again with warm, soapy water will remove most dirt build-up, while a diluted bleach solution will kill mould and mildew that can grow in damp, shaded decking areas.
The benefits of composite decking
Choosing to use composite decking boards for your outside space makes a lot of sense, and here’s why:
- Composite decking boards never have to be sealed, stained or painted – saving you money and time.
- Composite decking is also far more slip-resistant than wood or plastic decking – especially when wet.
- Due to how it is made, splinters and cracks that can occur with traditional wooden decking are a thing of the past.
- Unlike wood decking, composite decking planks do not rot.
- Composite boards are weather-resistant and outperform wood alternatives on fade resistance.
- No issues with warping or cracking (unlike some plastic decking).
- With no need to maintain or replace, this all means you’ll make considerable savings over the lifespan of the deck.
Invest in your peace of mind
Opting for timber decking may seem like the wisest option for both you and your wallet and we get why you may think that… it is no secret that timber materials provide a more cost-effective solution in the short-term.
However, we like to think customers nowadays are a little smarter than opting for the cheapest solution out there. We believe customers are looking for an alternative answer that provides them with the opportunity to invest in their outdoor space, not simply to find a short-term fix.
Our boards are resistant to all those elements that make timber decking costly and time-consuming to maintain: rotting, mold, warping, mildew growth and damage from termites. It is this no-hassle, no-maintenance solution that shall truly save you headaches further down the line and ensure that the initial upfront investment of opting for composite soon pales in significance.
Beautiful for longer
The undeniable beauty of timber is what has traditionally made it such an appealing option for decking projects for both homeowners and businesses. It is no great secret, however, that it’s beauty does indeed dwindle. Without tiresome upkeep, cracks, fade marks and splinters soon appear and your once adored timber deck begins to look tired and unloved.
NeoTimber deck boards, with their optimum blend of plastic resin and timber fibres, are protected from whatever the elements have to throw at them. All three ranges offer long-lasting weather-proof appeal, resistance to fade, warpage and splintering – no matter the weather.
The result? The exceptional finish of our boards stay consistent for longer, and the need to maintain their aesthetics through painting, staining or sealing is removed – giving you more time to enjoy your outdoor space.
Installation made easy
While traditional timber installation requires drilling directly into the surface of the boards, our hidden clip system removes the need to do so. Here’s why we think this installation method is a doddle compared:
- Results in a speedy process, as the boards simply click into place.
- Our clips allow a 6mm gap between each board, ensuring enough room is left for the natural expansion of our boards, while also allowing for drainage.
- Boards can be removed from the subframe without incurring damage.
- Our stainless steel clips are designed as a long-life solution.
Need Further Support or Advice?
If you’ve still got questions that have not been answered here, or you would like additional advice, support or assistance then please give one of our friendly experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
Just give us a call on 01509 323 170.